Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The secret bookstore

Meet Michael Seidenberg. When his bookstore's rent quadrupled, he moved Brazenhead Books to his apartment. "It's not legal," he says, "so that's why it has to be hidden. It's a residence and can't be identified for that reason."

He continues, "Since bookshops have been banished from the city, there's no place for them." He said it wasn't Barnes and Noble and the like that put him out but rather real estate.

Seidenberg is in the phonebook, but so far no one has tracked him down and closed the shop. "I guess in the age of super-intelligence, no one has a phone book. I always thought it was pretty shocking that I was hiding in plain sight," Seidenberg explains.

"Come find me and visit me," he says, "and I'm yours."


There's No Place Like Here: Brazenhead Books from Etsy on Vimeo.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...